The 2018 Elektor Labs Summer Contest was about PCB order pooling.
Tell us who your favourite pooling service provider is for printed circuit boards (PCBs) is and why. A few Elektor Shop gift certificates are available for the most convincing stories.
The winners are...
To participate click the button below this post.
Please post your comments before August 31, 2018 @ 18:00h CET to participate in the raffle.
What is PCB order pooling?Many people tinkering with electronics have the need for printed circuit boards (PCBs) for their projects, and one or two pieces are usually enough. PCB manufacturers however work with large square-metre-sized panels and using such a panel for just one small board is expensive. To work around this problem some PCB manufacturers combine low-quantity orders from multiple clients into one large panel. This is called pooling. Like car pooling, several people share one resource. Together the pooling clients pay for the large panel.
Choosing a pooling serviceThere are many pooling services available today, so many that it has become hard to choose. One offers gold plating, another has free shipping, a third allows all sorts of colours, etc., but which one is right for your board design? Through this contest we are trying to come up with a list of the most popular pooling services and what people think of them.
Terms & Conditions
- The PCB order pooling service you post about must exist, please provide a link.
- Add evidence of your experience.
- Bad experiences are interesting too, but bashing and cursing is not allowed; remain polite at all times.
- Disrespectful posts will be removed.
- Commercial posts will be removed unless you pay us a fee.
- Comments posted after August 31, 2018 @ 18:00h CET will not participate in the raffle.
- The decision of the contest jury is final.