This one will not only be one of the popular fidget spinners. It will be a persistance of vision display. While spinning the toy, it will display Names, Messages or animation.
It will work from two CR2032 standard coin cells. It has a push-button to turn it on, change display modes and turn it off. To save batteries it also has a automatic power-off circuit.
Additionally a 3d-printed housing will be made.
This is a work-in-pogress. The picture shows the first prototype made of cardboard. It works, but it will be improved a lot.
The schematics file shows the second approach. I ordered a pcb of this version. It contains some changes to the prototype so development of the software will be made with this one.
More information and a more detailed description will follow...
- catégorie : loisirs & modélisme
- Projet LABS
POV Fidget Spinner 
9 juillet 2017, Dernière actualisation: 14 novembre 2017
- Software (77.31 KB)Fidget-Spinner software with command line interface.
- Gerber Files (159.75 KB)Gerber files for PCB reproduction
- 3D Housing files (516.34 KB)3D files of the housing
- Mounting instructions (1.28 MB)Instructions how to mount the 3D housing together.
- Hardware Description (158.43 KB)A description of the hardware
- CLI description (401.31 KB)Description of the comand line interface.